Head of CBB
Changjiang Chair Professor (MOE), Qiushi Chair Professor (ZJU)
Prof. Tang joined Department of Chemistry of ZJU in 2005 and then established Center for Biomaterials and Biopathways (CBB), which is now an institute under QAAS. He has extensive experience in biomineralization studies including crystallization and biomimetic materials. Due to the innovative achievements of biomineralization inspired organism modification by functional materials, he received the honor of China Youth Science and Technology Award.
1. Guangchuan Wang, Hong-Jiang Wang, Hangyu Zhou, Qing-Gong Nian, Zhiyong Song, Yong-Qiang Deng, XiaoyuWang, Shun-Ya Zhu, Xiao-Feng Li, Cheng-Feng Qin, and Ruikang Tang, Hydrated silica exterior produced by biomimetic silicification confers viral vaccine heat-resistance, ACS Nano 2015, 9, 799–808.
2. Ben Wang, Guangchuan Wang, Binjie Zhao, Jiajun Chen, Xueyun Zhange and Ruikang Tang, Antigenically shielded universal red blood cells by polydopamine-based cell surface engineering, Chem. Sci., 2014, 5, 3463-3468.
3. Guangchuan Wang, Rui-Yuan Cao, Rong Chen, Lijuan Mo, Jian-Feng Han, Xiaoyu Wang, Xurong Xue, Tao Jiang, Yong-Qiang Deng, Ke Lyu, Shun-Ya Zhu, E-De Qin, Ruikang Tang, and Cheng-Feng Qin, Rational design of thermostable vaccines by engineered peptide-induced virus selfbiomineralization under physiological conditions, PNAS 2013, 110, 7619–7624.
4. Guangchuan Wang Xiaofeng Li, Lijuan Mo, Zhiyong Song, Wei Chen, Yongqiang Deng, Hui Zhao, Ede Qin, Chengfeng Qin, and Ruikang Tang, Eggshell-inspired biomineralization generates vaccines that do not require refrigeration, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 10576 –10579.
5. Li Li , Caiyun Mao , Jianming Wang , Xurong Xu , Haihua Pan , Yan Deng , Xinhua Gu , and Ruikang Tang, Bio-inspired enamel repair via glu-directed assembly of apatite nanoparticles: an approach to biomaterials with optimal characteristics, Adv. Mater. 2011, 23, 4695–4701.