Kedi Xu , male, Ph.D. He is an associate professor of Qiushi Academy for Advanced Studies, zhejiang university(QAAS) & the Department of biomedical engineering, and he is also a member of the Rehabilitation Engineering Branch of the Chinese Society of Biomedical Engineering(CSBME). In September 2012, he joined QAAS to investigate Brain-Machine interface, with main research include effects electrical/optical stimulation on cerebral cortical structure and function, sensory information feedback technology based on electrical and optical microstimulation, neural chip and neural plasticity, etc. Relevant research has been funded by many funds, including National Science Foundation for Young Scientists of China, the Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, the National Defense and Military Project, the Public Welfare Project of Zhejiang Science and Technology Department , and the Doctoral Program Fund of the Ministry of education.
1. Songchao Guo, Sicong Chen, Qiaosheng Zhang, Yueming Wang, Kedi Xu*,Xiaoxiang Zheng,Optogenetic activation of the excitatory neurons expressing CaMKIIα in the ventral tegmental area upregulates the locomotor activity of free behaving rats,In Press
2. SiCong Chen, Hong Zhou, SongChao Guo, JiaCheng Zhang, Yi Qu, ZhouYan Feng, KeDi Xu, XiaoXiang Zheng, Optogenetics Based Rat–Robot Control: Optical Stimulation Encodes “Stop” and “Escape” Commands, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, In Press
3. Kedi Xu, David Antonio Cantua, Yao Fu, Jaehyup Kim, Xiaoxiang Zheng, Peiman Hematti, W. John Kao*, Thiol-ene Michael-type formation of gelatin/poly(ethylene glycol) biomatrices for three-dimensional mesenchymal stromal/stem cell administration to cutaneous wounds; Acta Biomaterialia; 2013;vol9; 8802–8814;
4. Kedi Xu, Yao Fu, WeiJu Chung, Xiaoxiang Zheng, Yujia Cui, Ian C. Hsu, Weiyuan John Kao*, Thiol-ene based biologic/synthetic hybrid biomatrix for 3-D living cell culture. Acta Biomaterialia;2012;vol8; 2504–2516;
5. Yao Fu, Kedi Xu, Xiaoxiang Zheng, Alan J. Giacomin, Adam W. Mix, Weiyuan J. Kao*3D cell entrapment in crosslinked thiolated gelatin-poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels; Biomaterials; 2011; vol33; 48-58;