Dr. Xi obtained his B.S. degree in the Department of Biology at Nanjing University, 1997-2001. Studying between 2001 and 2008, Dr. Xi obtained his Ph. D. degree at the Institute of neuroscience, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai. After 2008, Dr. Xi did his postdoctoral research with Prof. Zhang Hong and Prof. Duan Shumin at Zhejiang University, School of Medicine. Dr. Xi joined ZIINT in March 2014 as an associate Professor. His main interests are the neural mechanisms underlying Attention and Sleep.
- Higher cognition of the brain
- Explore the nature of consciousness
1. Xi W, Peng Y., Guo J., Ye Y., Zhang K, Yu F, Guo A. (2008) Mushroom bodies modulate salience-based selective fixation behavior in Drosophila. European Journal of Neuroscience, 27(6):1441-51.
2. Zhang K, Guo JZ, Peng Y, Xi W, Guo A. (2007) Dopamine-mushroom body circuit regulates saliency-based decision-making in Drosophila. Science. 316(5833), 1901-4.
3. Peng Y, Xi W, Zhang W, Zhang K, Guo A. (2007) Experience improves feature extraction in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 27, 5139-5145.
4. Ye Y., Xi W., Peng Y., Wang Y., Guo A. (2004) Long-term, but not short-term blockade of dopamine release in Drosophila impairs orientation during flight in a visual attention paradigm. European Journal of Neuroscience, 20(4), 1001-7.
5. Guo A., Zhang K., Peng Y., Xi W. (2008) Heisenberg's Roadmap Guides our Journey to the Small Cognitive World of Drosophila. J. Neurogenetics. 23,1-4.