Dr. Zheng obtained her B.A. degree in Biotechnology from Life Science Institute of Zhejiang University (2000) and her Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience from the Medical School of Zhejiang University under the mentorship of Prof. Jian-Hong Luo (2005). Her doctoral work focuses on 'the trafficking of N-Methyl-D-aspartate Receptor (NR)-2A Subunits”. In 2006, she joined the group of Robert J. Wenthold at the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders as a visiting scientist. There, she used Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP) method to examine the trafficking and the function of Glutamate receptor associated membrane-associated guanylate kinases (MAGUKs). In 2011, she pursued studies in the function of Glutamate receptor binding proteins using knockout mice and biochemistry methods. In 2015, she became an associate professor of the Interdisciplinary Institute of Neuroscience and Technology at Zhejiang University (ZIINT).
1. Zheng CY, Chang K, Suh YH, and Roche KW*, TARP g-8 glycosylation regulates the surface expression of AMPA receptors, Biochemical Journal, 465(3):471-7, Jan 2015.
2. Herring B1, Shi Y1, Suh YH, Zheng CY, Blankenshipa SM, Rochec KW, Nicoll RA*. (1co-first authorship) Cornichon proteins determine the subunit composition of synaptic AMPA receptors, Neuron, 77(6):1083-96 Mar 2013.
3. Zheng CY*, RS Petralia, YX Wang, B Kachar, and RJ Wenthold.SAP102 is a highly mobile MAGUK in spines. J. Neurosci. 30(13):4757-4766 Mar 2010
4. Zheng CY, Seabold G, Horak M, Petralia R. MAGUKs, Synaptic Development and Synaptic Plasticity, the Neuroscientist, 17(5):493-512 Apr 2011
5. Yang W1, Zheng CY1(1co-first authorship), Song Q, Yang X, Qiu S, Liu C, Chen Z, Duan SM, Luo JH*. A three amino acid tail following the TM4 region of NR2 subunits is sufficient to overcome ER retention of NI1-1a subunit. J. Biol. Chem., 282(12), 9269-9278 Jan 2007.
6. Zheng CY, Yang XJ, Fu ZY, Luo JH*. (2006) Phorbol-induced surface expression of NR2A subunits in HEK293 cells, Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 27(12): 1580-1585.